VAT Relief on Wigs - How To Claim
You may be eligible for VAT relief which will save you 20% when you shop for Wigs from Exodus Beauty.
Which Products Are Eligible for VAT Relief?
VAT relief covers products specifically designed to assist the daily living of people dealing with a disability or chronic illness. The Exodus Beauty products that are eligible for VAT relief are products in our extensive wig collection.
Who Qualifies for VAT Relief?
You may qualify for VAT relief if you need to wear wigs either because you have a medical condition that causes you to be terminally ill or has resulted in a side-effect that causes hair loss, such as alopecia or chemotherapy treatments.
This VAT relief applies to customers in the UK, and the product must be purchased for your own personal or domestic use only.
Where Can I Get More Information About Vat Relief Available for Disabled People?
Full details can be found in the guidance Notice 701/7 VAT Reliefs for disabled people on the GOV.UK website, or you could contact the National Advice Service on 0300 123 1073 before signing the declaration.
How Do I Claim?
- It is an offence to make a false claim, and it is a prosecutable offence by Law.
- We do NOT decide if an item is or is not exempt and we do not make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we do not charge you VAT.
- The details you provide are private and strictly confidential. They will only be made securely available to HMRC should they request it.
- If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you the full prevailing 20% VAT on the whole of your order.
- The 20% VAT will be refunded to your original payment method once we receive the completed declaration form, and you qualify.